Monday, March 19, 2012

Stance on topic

Recently I have decided to stick with my initial subject.  I want to take the controversy of college drinking and expose the psychological consequences of it.  How does student social behavior, academic integrity, moral outlook, and personality become affected by alcohol?  So many students in colleges and universities drink, some more than others, but it is generally socially accepted and not many pay much attention to it.  I want to see how this impacts students currently enrolled as undergraduates as well as the graduate population.  I want to see how the future can become affected as well as the present by researching a variety of sources such as teachers, students, parents, and faculty.  I want to know whether or not alcohol is the true cause of the problems students face at school or whether it is merely a catalyst to a preexisting issue.  Maybe students are naturally destined to turn out a certain way, perhaps underage drinking is only a mask which they unconsciously hide behind.  If my study goes correctly, I hope to uncover the true reasons behind the anxieties faced at college and whether or not alcohol can be held responsible for them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment